Tuesday 3 October 2023

WE'VE GOT (A LOT) OF NEWS

I’m overwhelmed, yet so excited that everything that we’ve been building seems to be taking off all at once. Namaste! The past six weeks have been a blur. In living up to the name of my series, “SLEEPING AROUND SAFELY,” this jetset gypsy has tucked herself into many a luxury hotel bed and jumped a few status categories with One World Alliance. A shout out to the Santa Monica Proper for my post Virtuoso (watch my TV segment on ABC’s KTNV on REGENERATIVE TRAVEL), pre 25-day Croatia shoot and hurricane safe house. Literally a whirlwind visit, but the traditional Ayurvedic norish + restore Shirodhara treatment at Surya by Martha brought me right back to earth - check out my #behindthescenes coverage.

SPOILER ALERT: I’m going to be talking about all the transformative travel moments with our local hosts from Croatia for months to come! Please check out a few video highlights below - these are just a taste of Season three of “OH THE PEOPLE YOU MEET with Michaela Guzy”(episodes three + four) from across Croatia, a special deep dive on Istra and our “SLEEPING AROUND SAFELY” mini-series.

I figured since I was going to have to fly on through the East Coast anyway, I ought to go support my friends at ILTM for their first North America edition at Baha Mar in the Bahamas. Baha Mar spoiled us with Grand Hyatt Reserve’s butler service, flamingo yoga, a sunset sail + a golf lesson. Congrats on such a successful event! And Nassau got her groove back with the new cruise terminal welcoming over 1.6 million cruise visitor arrivals (first point of entry) in the first half of 2023 as compared to 883,721 for first half of 2022. The locals feeling the positive impact of inbound tourism dollars is palpable, with a great example being the restoration of the colorful downtown Nassau. I loved visiting all the small businesses, a majority of which are black owned, being showcased at the new terminal. I was proud to shop local in support of a few of these fashion forward designers.

On October seventh the OTPYM crew and I head out to film Season three, episode five in Singapore with the Global Hotel Alliance! Looking forward to “SLEEPING AROUND SAFELY” with the Pan Pacific Hotel Group, Capella + Kempinski while in town. After I head onto Dubai after 10 long years away, en route to broadcast segments on NBC (LA, SF, NYC + Chicago) from Yas and Saadiyat Islands in Abu Dhabi! Stay tuned on Instagram for tune in details.

Hopefully you saw our BIG news last week. If you aren’t flying Qatar Airways anytime soon, folks in the USA can tune in to seasons one + two of “OH THE PEOPLE YOU MEET with Michaela Guzy” on M/LUX (on Roku, Vizio, Fire + Apple TV): www.mluxnetwork.com to watch (found in Travel + Adventure). Thanks for the feature Insider Travel Report: HERE.

If you know me, you know I geek out on research and trend forecasting. I know it’s weird but I love it so much! I’m super jazzed to share a Travel Trend Forecast from the World Travel & Tourism Council in Saudi Arabia. This OTPYM special report was inspired by meaningful conversations with global thought leaders from the public + private sectors of the travel industry. I had the honor to interview CEOs and visionaries who are working in conjunction with WTTC to make a positive impact on the people, places + purposes we are visiting, with a special emphasis on sustainable job development, tourism recovery cross sector and regenerative travel initiatives. Please watch to learn more: HERE.
* Michaela Guzy michaela@ohthepeopleyoumeet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment