Saturday 19 October 2013

200,000 Reader Milestone for The Holiday and Travel Magazine!

The day has arrived! The 200,000th person has read The Holiday and Travel Magazine on 18 October 2013 since I first launched it in 2011. The numbers have been growing over the months. I remember that it took a whole 6 months to reach the first 1,000 readers in 2011, then how I was excited when 1,000 readers read it each month. Now more than 1,000 people read the Magazine each week. I realise that these statistics may not be as impressive as some of the more well known web sites who have huge numbers of readers, but I am pleased with the way my reader numbers have grown.

Initially it was only people in Australia reading The Holiday and Travel Magazine. Now people from many countries around the world read it. The majority of readers now come from four countries - USA, Australia, Russia and the UK. The next six countries are Germany, France, Philippines, India, China and Poland. These countries tend to change every position every now and then, and many readers come from other countries in Asia, Europe, and Africa.

Looking at the statistics today - reader page views in all time history are 200,067; last month 34,791, and yesterday 277.

Web browsers used to access the magazine (in order of popularity) are Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Mobile Safari, BingPreview, OS;FBSV, Mobile and Iceweasel.

Pageviews by operating system (in order of popularity) are Windows, Linux, Macintosh, iPhone, iPad, Android, other Unix, iPod, Windows IT 6.1, and Blackberry.

To date the magazine has been a labour of love. It has not earnt me any income. I thought that when the readership level went past 200,000 that I would leave my present job and work on the Magazine full time, introduce advertisements, and make some money from it. The 200,000 mark has arrived earlier than I anticipated, so now I will have to start giving future directions some serious thought. However, I am a novice at website development, know very little about SEO, and don't really now where to start......

Thanks to all the readers and contributors. I appreciate your support over the time I have been producing The Holiday and Travel Magazine. I have met many wonderful people around the world and look forward to continued friendship and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment