Tuesday 29 August 2023

The Exquisite New Boutique Sarah Hotel

Sarah Hotel
I was recently privileged to stay in the newly opened Sarah Hotel located in Darlinghurst. This is a new concept boutique hotel that is part of the Australian Urban Rest group of properties located in Sydney, other Australian capital cities and a few overseas countries. 

The Sarah Hotel is a low rise building on 3 levels. The ground floor has a lovey wine and coffee bar that is all fitted out and will soon open. This will be the ideal place to start the morning off with a freshly brewed coffee or to finish the day off with a glass of wine. The 9 guest rooms are on the 1st and 2nd floors, with a rooftop garden sitting on top.

When I stayed at the Sarah Hotel I was impressed with its refined style and creative elegance. A great deal of thought has been put into its design and decor. I found the bespoke finishes and artistic touches of the Sarah Hotel to be pleasing to the eye and created a relaxing atmosphere for me to stay the several nights whilst I was visiting Sydney. The wall paper and works of art, featuring Sarah, the lady whom the hotel was named after, make the walls of the liftwell, short corridors and guest rooms look very attractive. 

Entry to the secure hotel is by using a code at the front door, then using a card to enter your guest room rather than a key. I found this a good way to get into my room.

Sarah Hotel
Even though the focus of the Sarah Hotel is on chic minimalism, nothing has been spared on the comfort of the hotel guest. My intimate guest room had a very comfortable double bed, high quality linen and pillows, a lovely hot rain shower in the seperate bathroom, a large smart TV on the wall, and tea and coffee making provisions. These all made for a refined relaxing stay. The room was very quiet with no road noise or noise from the other guests rooms disturbing my restful nights sleep. 

Being brand new and just opened, I found all parts of the hotel to be very clean and fresh, with no chipped paint or scuff marks anywhere. Friendly staff cleaned my room each day.

It is good to see the Sarah Hotel places high importance on sustainability, with its use of LED energy efficient lighting and bulk provision of toiletries rather than individual items.

Sarah Hotel
The Sarah Hotel is in an ideal location, being placed in the creative suburb of Darlinghurst with the National Art School nearby. Also close by are trendy cafes and restaurants, the Jewish Museum, St Vincent's Hospital and Green Park.

It is close to the Sydney CBD and Kings Cross Train Station. One evening I went on a walking tour of the city, and another evening I went and saw a play at a theatre. One day I hopped on a bus to the Eastern Suburbs to see the historic Vaucluse House and picturesque Watsons Bay. The other day I explored the many shops in the CBD. 

The exquisite Sarah Hotel is the ideal place for business or leisure travellers and is the setting for an urban escape in Sydney. It is a serene oasis in the heart of bustling Sydney. 

The Sarah Hotel by Urban Rest

255 Victoria Street Darlinghurst NSW 2010 Australia 
(02) 7202 2327 

No comments:

Post a Comment