Monday 13 November 2023

The Vibrant and Stylish Novotel Sydney International Airport

Novotel Sydney International Airport
Recently I had the pleasure of staying several nights at the 4 Star Novotel Sydney International Airport hotel. I enjoyed my stay and was very impressed with the high standards shown in the hotel and by the friendliness of the staff. 

I was pleasantly surprised with its recent refurbishment and how stylish and welcoming the hotel has become. (In fact it has won a Redeveloped/Refurbished Hotel of the Year award.) 

The hotel now has an attractive botanical theme and provides many comfortable seating areas to chat with friends and associates whilst having a drink.

My check-in went smoothly at the attractive ground floor 24 hour reception and I was soon on my way up to my suite on the 9th floor. 

Guest Accommodation

Bedroom - Novotel Sydney International Airport 
On offer are 271 rooms and suites over 9 floors. I enjoyed my large Deluxe Suite with a separate lounge/dining area, bedroom and bathroom. 

Here I was greeted with a grazing plate, bottle of wine and box of yummy chocolates.

The suite was fitted out with the latest electronics, The bedroom and lounge each had their own large smart TV and quiet air conditioner. There was a bedside radio/alarm, speedy WiFi internet access and phone charger. Beverage facilities included an electric jug, Nespresso machine and a mini-fridge with bottled water.

The bedroom was ideal to sleep in. The king bed with comfortable mattress and pillows was heavenly. The double glazed windows meant no outside noise and the blackout curtains made the room dark for a restful nights sleep. (I noted the hotel is not under the direct flight path of the airport.) 

The crisp white bathroom had both a bathtub and shower with plenty of hot water. Many hotels are now just having showers, but I appreciated soaking in the bathtub after my busy days exploring Sydney. The large white towels and bathrobes were of high quality. A range of complimentary amenities were provided which I found handy to use. It is good to see the hotel has an emphasis on sustainability, with bulk supplies of liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner replacing individual use ones.

Dining

Marke Kitchen - Novotel Sydney International Airport
Food and drink are offered at the onsite Marke Kitchen restaurant and Lobby Bar located on the ground floor. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with the menu focussing on locally sourced ingredientsThe option of in-room dining is also available.

I enjoyed my buffet breakfast each morning with its large selection of cereals, fruit, bread, hot and cold dishes, fruit juice and hot beverages. I especially enjoyed the pancakes, yoghurts and making my own fruit smoothies.

Meetings

The Novotel Sydney International Airport has 11 meeting rooms which are located across two levels, offering flexibility for conferences, weddings and special events. There are smaller rooms suitable for  boardroom-style meetings and The Grand Ballroom which accommodates up to 400 for a cocktail function.

Lounge - Novotel Sydney International Airport

Facilities

If I wanted to I could have used the outdoor swimming pool and gym, which is open 7am to 10pm each day. I am sure the pool would be great to use on a hot summer day.

Families

It is good to see that families are catered for with the provision of family rooms, a kids play corner near the reception and special children's menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Location

Novotel Sydney International Airport hotel is located near the Sydney Airport. It is alongside the Cooks River and Cahill Parklands in Wolli Creek. Wolli Creek has supermarkets, cafes, restaurants and a train station to the city. The Kogarah Golf Course and St George Rowing Club are nearby. 

I used my days in Sydney showing my international visitor the Sydney Opera House, Bondi Beach, Queen Victoria Building, National Maritime Museum and the Secret Garden at Lavender Bay. We also walked over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and went on a walking tour of The Rocks.

Travel

Getting to The Novotel Sydney International Airport is easy by car, shuttle bus, taxi or train.  For those driving an underground parking is available. The hotel provides a Shuttle Bus service to the Domestic and International Airports, or there are taxis, or walking options. It is just a 15 minute walk to the International Airport and a 10 minute walk to Wolli Creek Train Station. 

Packages

Bar at The Novotel Sydney International Airport
Several package deals are offered at The Novotel Sydney International Airport. The Stay, Park & Fly package allow guests seamless travel with 7 nights parking, overnight accommodation and return transfer shuttles to the airport. 

Summing Up

I enjoyed my stay at The Novotel Sydney International Airport. It was the ideal place to meet my international visitor on his arrival to Australia and a good base to show him around Sydney. It is ideal for the business and leisure traveller flying to another destination, and also ideal for those wanting a holiday stay in Sydney but would prefer a quieter location outside the Sydney CBD.

Novotel Sydney International Airport

Address: 22 Levey Street Wolli Creek, Sydney NSW, 2205 Australia
Phone: +61 2 9518 2000
Email: H5603-RE1@accor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment