Thursday 4 August 2022

Sydney lies on your doorstep at The Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney - the excellent value, modern CBD hideaway

Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney
The Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney is a fantastic hotel to stay for one or more nights when visiting Sydney.  I stayed there on a recent trip to Sydney to attend shows at the Sydney Opera House and the Capitol Theatre.

Arriving from country NSW by train I found its location in Ultimo very handy. I took the Light Rail from Central Station to the Paddy's Market stop and walked the few blocks to the hotel in Bulwarra Road. If I drove I could have parked in the hotel carpark.

Being located on the edge of the Sydney CBD, the Metro Aspire Hotel has the advantage of being on tucked away in Ultimo in a very quiet tree-lined one-way street with no traffic noise. The hotel is surrounded by a delightful mix of terrace houses, cafes, restaurants, bars and shops. A delightful park is at the end of the Road.

Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney
The hotel has only four floors of 96 guest rooms, which means no long waiting time for lifts and personalised attention from the staff. The lifts to guest rooms are centrally located in the lobby between the check-in counter and the Gumtree Restaurant. A range of guests rooms is offered, including Premium, Premium Deluxe, Executive and Family.

The Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney has convenient 24-hour reception and check-in. My check-in went really smoothly, as they already had my booking details. The reception staff were warm and welcoming and explained the breakfast and WiFi to me clearly. During my stay, the staff arranged wake-up calls for me each morning and provided some writing paper and pen to use during my stay.

Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney
After checking in I went up to my extra spacious Executive Room on the 4th floor. Access was with a thin security key card. I was delighted with my air-conditioned guestroom that had a pleasing contemporary and sophisticated design. It was very large, with an entry foyer, combined bedroom and lounge area, separate ensuite bathroom and private open-air balcony. My guestroom had a comfy sofa and coffee table, dining table and chairs and a writing desk and chair which made resting and working very pleasurable.

My guestroom was very comfortable. I liked the blue art works on the walls. Most importantly, my guestroom was very clean and spotless. I was impressed by the cleanliness of my home-away-from-home, with no dust or dirty marks to be found anywhere. The curtains, carpets and furniture were in excellent condition.

Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney
I enjoyed using the tea and coffee making facilities and bar fridge late at night for making hot drinks. A safe, hairdryer, iron and ironing board were provided in the wardrobe.

My room included complimentary high speed WiFi to use and a Smart TV with YouTube and Netflix to watch. The air-conditioner worked well with the remote control and made the room a pleasure to relax in.

Even though I stayed at the Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney by myself, the room was suitable for up to 5 guests by the provision of two king sized beds and a sofa bed. I had a wonderful nights sleep on the huge bed with a very supportive mattress and pillows. The pillows and bed linen were like brand new.

The modern white ensuite bathroom had both a full bath and shower. The complementary toiletries were lovely to use.

Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney
I enjoyed breakfasts at the Gumtree Restaurant & Bar on the ground floor. This is an attractive outdoor/indoor dining area set in a lush garden setting with hanging baskets, ferns and plants. I liked sitting at my table by the lush greenery of the garden wall and listening to the water trickle across the glass ceiling and down the rockery waterfall while I ate.

Each morning I chose the Buffet Breakfast and was impressed with the variety and quality of items available. On offer were fresh seasonal fruit, breakfast cereal, yoghurt, breads/toast, pastries, pancakes, croissants and hot food dishes. Rather than the fruit juices on offer, I preferred to make use of the coffee machine for making cappuccinos.

The Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney offers two recently refurbished and contemporary meeting rooms that cater for corporate and private functions of up to 130 people. A range of packages is offered to assist organisers.

Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney
The Metro Aspire Hotel is not right in the middle of hectic Sydney, but is located in a calmer area on the edge of Darling Harbour. It is in a quiet one-way street that is lined with leafy green trees that I was able to view from my guestrooms floor to ceiling windows and balcony.

The Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney is conveniently located on the fringe of the CBD and on the outer rim of the revamped Darling Harbour precinct. It provides easy access to Sydney’s most popular shopping, theatre, entertainment and business locations. It is within easy walking distance to Darling Quarter, Chinatown, Sydney Aquarium, Australian Maritime Museum, Cockle Bay Wharf, Powerhouse Museum, International Convention and Exhibition Centre, Sydney Entertainment Centre and the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre. 

Nearby shopping includes the Broadway Shopping Centre, Central Park Mall and Paddy’s Market. The educational institutions of University of Technology (UTS), Institute of Technology (TAFE), and Sydney University are close by.

Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney
The nearest bus stop is just 300 metres from The Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, the light rail stop is close by and the nearest train station, Central Station, is 1km away. Shuttle buses can be arranged to the airport.

Checking out did not take long and they were very helpful and accommodating in storing my luggage until I caught the train back home later in the afternoon

I was very impressed with my stay at the Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney. It is a fantastic hotel near Darling Harbour and the CBD without the hustle and bustle, noise and high prices of Darling Harbour and CBD. I can't wait to go back for a third time to the Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney so I can once again appreciate its comfort and hospitality.

View from my Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney balcony
Guests can book at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney by calling the toll free Central Reservations line on 1800 00 4321. 

Alternatively bookings can be made online at www.metrohotels.com.au

Check the hotel website for the latest specials and hot deals.




Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney
383-389 Bulwara Road Ultimo, Sydney NSW 2007
Phone: +61 2 9211 1499
Fax: +61 2 9281 3764
Email Reservations

No comments:

Post a Comment