Saturday 7 April 2012

One-of-a-kind Kiosk At Ala Moana


 One-of-a-kind Kiosk At Ala Moana

Alana Folen
Wednesday - January 11, 2012
By Alana Folen
Share  Del.icio.us

Ivonne Machado. Leah Friel photolfriel@midweek.com
A passion for fashion is what led entrepreneur Ivonne Machado into the retail industry many years ago. Now her business, Lotus Creations, has catapulted even further, as she recently expanded it with a kiosk, located on the second floor of Ala Moana Center near Nordstrom.
“I sell a variety of merchandise: clothing, handbags, messenger bags, jewelry, wooden vases, glass coasters and more,” says Machado, a native of Indonesia. “My family and friends help me handcraft all my merchandise, and all the materials and fabrics used are all from Indonesia as well.”
Machado made her way to the Islands in 1998 to attend HPU, where she obtained a bachelor’s degree in travel industry management and a master’s degree in business administration.
“I believe my education has helped me in my business ventures today,” she says. “I get to meet people from all around the world. Tourists from Australia love my dresses, they always buy several. Japanese tourists also stop by to purchase clothes and jewelry, because what I offer, you won’t be craft fairs.
“My business was doing really well at the craft fairs, and customers would ask me if I had my own store, which led me to open this kiosk here this past October,” she says. “I have a lot of loyal customers who would come visit me at the craft fairs, and they’re happy that I now finally have a kiosk here. They keep coming back to buy my merchandise, which ranges from $22 to $42 for clothing pieces and $5 to $18 for jewelry.
“Lotus Creations’ dresses and blouses are perfect for warmer climates. I look online and in magazines for inspiration with designs, and then I add my own personal touch. I collaborate with my family and friends to always come up with new styles and ideas.”
Machado hopes to someday upgrade her business once more by opening a small boutique. She says having your own business is always a bit challenging in today’s economy, but she’s been fortunate that Lotus Creations has remained stable.
“It takes two months on average to complete a wardrobe piece, but I always change up the style every four months or so,” she says. “I usually have 20 to 30 pieces in each style, and once it sells out, then you won’t be able to find that exact design and style again.

Hi Max,

Really??? Wow...maybe we meant to be to know each other :)

One of local newspaper write an article about my kiosk back on january 11, 2012.

You can look at www.midweek.com published on january 11,2011 under enterpreneur and the headlines is One of a kind kiosk at Ala Moana.
You can take a look and let me know if you need an additional information.

I can send you the picture of my kiosk sometimes today.
I'm hoping to get more australian tourist by you helping me to write more exciting article about my kiosk :)

That newspaper is only helping me to get business from local people.

I designed most of my stuffs and my family and friends in indonesia who helping me to make it together. That's why my business is just small family business.

Thank you so much,

Ivonne

No comments:

Post a Comment