Sunday 20 October 2013

A Splendid Saturday Wedding

It is always nice to attend a wedding.

Yesterday I had the privilege of marrying two great people. One of my co-workers at the supermarket I have a casual part-time job with asked me if I would conduct the marriage ceremony of his partner and himself. Of course I was delighted to. One of my many previous occupations was being a Uniting Church in Australia Minister. I am still a Minister, but not in a placement, so I am still a marriage celebrant.

The marriage took place in the gardens at the local Muswellbrook Racecouse. The bridal party looked resplendid arriving in a horse-drawn cart. Even the groom scubbed up well in his suit and tie.

The reception was held at one of the clubs in town. The meal, speeches, and dancing were great.

All the best to Kevin and Allison as they begin their new married life together.


No comments:

Post a Comment