Thursday 22 June 2023

A word from Soprano Anna-Louise Cole

Anna-Louise Cole
I am one of the luckiest singers in Australia.

Opera Australia asked me to join its extra chorus in 2012, giving me the opportunity of a lifetime — the chance to begin my path towards working with one of the world’s great ensemble companies.

As a little girl, I was completely obsessed with music and threw myself into the school ensemble, the band, the orchestra and the choir. However, I knew as well as anyone that that the likelihood of making a full-time career in opera was remote and I would have to excel beyond the odds to realise my dream.

The fact that I am now singing regularly with the Company and internationally as a soloist is a direct result of the exceptional training I received since I started in the extra chorus at Opera Australia eleven years ago.

In November, I will take on the roles of both Sieglinde, and then Brünnhilde in the Ring Cycle. This simply would not be possible without the experience I have gained in the chorus, as an understudy, a member of the Moffat Oxenbould Young Artists Program — and now as a fully-fledged member of the ensemble, taking on principal roles.

I thank Opera Australia from the bottom of my heart.

I am writing now to ask you to support Opera Australia’s artists – members of our national touring company, choristers, principal artists, and our remarkable colleagues in the orchestra.

Having now worked in several European houses, I thrive on the collaboration and ingenuity I find at Opera Australia. Here, a young artist can join the chorus and embark on a journey through the greatest roles in opera, carefully nurtured by a dedicated artistic and music team and some of the greatest conductors in the world.

Please help Opera Australia by donating to our Annual Appeal before June 30. Our audience means everything to us and we thank you so very much for your support.

DONATE NOW

*Source: Opera Australia, PO Box 291, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment