Wednesday 19 December 2018

Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney - Comfortable and Quiet

Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney
Recently I enjoyed my second stay at the Metro Aspire Hotel in Sydney. I first stayed there earlier this year just after it had undergone a complete refurbishment to include brand new guest rooms, restaurant, lobby, bar and function rooms. To my delight the Metro Aspire looked just as fresh and new as it did the day when the refurbishments were completed. I was very impressed with the friendly staff, the hotels location and my large, comfortable and clean room.
  
My room at Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney
The Metro Aspire Hotel offers 96 Premium and Executive Rooms for singles, couples and families.

My check in went smoothly at the 24-hour reception. I found the staff to be very friendly, welcoming and happy to help. After I was given my breakfast and free drink vouchers for the Gumtree Restaurant & Bar I went in ones of the lifts up to my guestroom on the 4th floor. 
 
I was delighted with my air-conditioned room. It was spacious, comfortable and contemporary in style. I like the blue art works on the wall to match blue cushions. Most importantly, it was very clean and spotless. 

My room at Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney
My room had a comfy sofa and coffee table, dining table and chairs and a writing desk and chair which made resting and working very pleasurable.

I enjoyed using the tea and coffee making facilities and bar fridge late at night for making hot drinks.

My room included complimentary high speed WiFi to use and a Smart TV with YouTube and Netflix to watch.

My room at Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney
My king sized bed was very comfortable to sleep on. The pillows and bed linen were like brand new. 

The modern white ensuite bathroom had both a bath and shower. The complementary toiletries were lovely to use. Even though provided, I did not make use of the hairdryer, iron and ironing board.

The Gumtree Restaurant & Bar is a quiet and contemporary indoor/outdoor dining area where I enjoyed my buffet breakfast each morning. The breakfast was simple but it was well laid out, regularly checked and maintained. There was ample supplies of cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts, breads and pasties. All the seven kinds of hot food were tasty. For those liking fresh juices to start the day there was a machine where you could make your own fresh juices. However, I preferred to make use of the coffee machine for making cappuccinos.  

Breakfast at Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney
I liked sitting at my table by the lush greenery of the garden wall and listening to the water trickle across the glass ceiling and down the rockery waterfall while I ate. The breakfast option is available for guests and visitors at $25 for adults, or $20 if pre-book at reception, and $10 for children 12 years old and under. Breakfast is served from 6.30 to 9.30 am during the week and 6.30 to 10 am on weekends.

The Gumtree Restaurant & Bar is also open for dinner from 6 pm to 10 pm 7 days a week. It was pleasing to note that in addition to their regular menu they have a nightly special of $17.50 for a meal and Gumtree Lager. These specials included a Roast dinner and baked vegetables, Tempura battered john dory with chips, Fettuccine carbonara with baby spinach, and chicken schnitzel, coleslaw & chips.

Gumtree Bar at Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney
Each evening I enjoyed having a glass of Gumtree Lager at the Bar. This is a special brew from New Zealand made especially for the Metro Hotel. I am normally not a beer drinker, but I found the Gumtree Lager very pleasing to drink.

Checking out did not take long and they were very helpful and accommodating in storing my luggage until I caught the train back home later that afternoon.

The Metro Aspire Hotel is a good venue for meetings and functions that can be held in the two newly renovated and refurbished conference rooms. They can cater for a wide variety of social and business events for up to 130 people.

View from my room at Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney
I like the fact that the Metro Aspire Hotel is not right in the middle of hectic Sydney, but in a calmer area on the edge of Darling Harbour. It is in a quiet one-way street that is lined with leafy green trees that I was able to view from my guestrooms floor to ceiling windows and balcony.

The Metro Aspire Hotel is surrounded by world-famous shops, restaurants, cafes and bars. There is a Chinese Restaurant on the corner and a handmade pie shop just a block away.

It is within easy walking distance to Darling Harbour, Powerhouse Museum, China Town, Paddy's Markets, the International Convention and Exhibition Centre, Market City Shopping Centre and the Capitol Theatre. The educational institutions of University of Technology (UTS), Institute of Technology (TAFE), and Sydney University are nearby. 

Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney
For those like me travelling without a car, Central Station and the Light Rail are handy ways to get the Metro Aspire Hotel. For those with a car, overnight parking costs $30, or just $25 if pre-booked.

I can't wait to go back for a third time to the Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney so I can once again appreciate its comfort and hospitality.


Metro Aspire Hotel, Sydney
Address: 383-389 Bulwara Road Ultimo, Sydney NSW 2007
Phone: +61 2 9211 1499
Fax +61 2 9281 3764
Email Reservations
Website: metrohotels.com.au/hotels/metro-aspire-hotel-sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment