Thursday 4 April 2024

My Overseas Adventure

Scoot
At the end of February I departed Australia for my overseas adventure. I flew to Thailand for a month of experiencing its wonderful people, food and culture.

I have been to Thailand several times before, but there are always new things to see and do there.

I have mastered the Thai train systems, currency and shopping malls, but not the Thai language and bus systems. 

The Thai people are always welcoming and friendly and make any visit enjoyable and worthwhile.

Coliwoo Hotel Gay World
Rather than a direct flight from Sydney to Bangkok I flew with a budget airline from Melbourne to Bangkok via Singapore. I had plenty of time so I did not mind the opportunity to see another country on my way to Thailand. This involved an overnight stay in Singapore, where I stayed at the wonderful Coliwoo Hotel Gay World. (You can read the article I wrote about this hotel at Coliwoo Hotel Gay World ).

To get to the hotel I experienced Singapore's wonderful Mass Rapid Transit system, locally known by the initials MRT. After checking in at the Coliwoo I walked around the fascinating shops, cafes and restaurants that surrounded the hotel. The next morning I walked to the nearby Aperia shopping mall for breakfast. There was plenty of time to get the MRT back to the airport for my flight no Bangkok. 

Rain Vortex waterfall
The flight left in the afternoon, so I had time to look at the new Jewel domed shopping and entertainment mall that is connected with one of the 4 airport terminals. 

Its outstanding feature is the worlds largest indoor waterfall. Here the Rain Vortex waterfall cascades 40 meters down from the dome-shaped roof. This is surrounded by a terraced forest setting of lush vegetation. 

There are many shops, cafes and restaurants on the several levels of the Jewel. There are also entertainment options of a Walking Net, Bouncing Net, Mirror Maze, Hedge Maze, Discovery Slides Canopy Bridge and Changi Experience Studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment