Saturday 24 November 2018

Chillbox Saigon Homestay - a comfy home away from home

My Chillbox Saigon Homestay room
On a recent trip to Vietnam, I spent my first night in HCMC at the Chillbox Saigon Homestay The brilliant thing about this is its brilliant location and ease of access.

When my flight landed at the HCMC Tan Son Nhat International Airport I collected my bags and hopped on the shuttle bus service on route 109. This is a new service that has large air-conditioned yellow buses with low floors and wide doors making it easy for access with luggage. The buses depart every 20 minutes, running from 5.30am to 1am. The cost is just VND 20,000, with no extra charge for luggage. The bus stops at several places before its final stop at the end of 23 September Park. This is where I got off and walked the very short distance to the Chillbox Saigon Homestay.

Chillbox Saigon Homestay is located in a quiet laneway behind Nguyen Trai Street in District 1 of HCMC. It recently opened in 2017, so is still fresh and new.

My Chillbox Saigon Homestay room
Chillbox Saigon Homestay is designed with simplicity and sophistication. It is airy and quiet with warm-hearted owners. Staying there gave me the feeling of staying in a home rather than a hotel. The Chill Box staff were very friendly and it was interesting talking with them about the unique Vietnamese culture and cuisine in HCMC. In return, I was able to share my trip and family with them. 

The reception was in the ground floor lobby, which also had a lounge seating area. A welcome drink was provided on my arrival and smooth checking in.

The Chillbox Saigon Homestay has modern decor and hotel touches like the making up of the room. My room on the first floor had a lovely comfortable bed with bedside tables, lamps and clock. There was a TV and air-conditioner.  The room was extremely clean and tidy with nice prints on the walls. Two free water bottles and coffee are provided in the room.

My Chillbox Saigon Homestay bathroom
There was a private ensuite bathroom with free toiletries, toilet and shower. I enjoyed using the free fast WiFi available in my room and in the lobby. The only thing missing in the room was a mini-fridge, but I was able to store my medicine in the fridge in the lobby. 

Chillbox Saigon Homestay is near convenience stores, coffee shops, restaurants, a Coop Mart supermarket and department store, Nowzone Fashion Mallcinema, 23 September Park, and the Cho Tha Binh Fresh Food Market. The bustling backpacker area of Bui Vien Street is also nearby.

I felt really comfortable and satisfied when staying at the Chillbox Saigon Homestay. Even though I was travelling just by myself I did not feel alone. I felt like an honoured guest, staying as a friend and leaving as part of my new international family. 

My Chillbox Saigon Homestay lobby
Chillbox Saigon Homestay
Address: 212/A61 Nguyen Trai Str., Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, 700000 Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone: +84 96 400 51 35
m.me/chillboxsg
Email: 

No comments:

Post a Comment