Friday 9 January 2015

Swimming in the Dong Nai River

My full name is Ta Quang Hoai. I was born and grew up Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. I am an Art Teacher and English Teacher. I have worked at my high school for ten years. I am very fond of swimming in rivers. When I am free, I often go swimming in a river. 

Today I will write about my favourite river swimming place. As we know, almost everybody has some kind of favourite. My favourite is swimming in the Dong Nai River.

Last Sunday, I went with my family to Dong Nai river. We set out at 5 p.m. It took us only 1 hour to get there by motorbike. According to the information, a little boy reached the wharf after walking for a moment. Dogs barked loudly to welcome me. On a boat some fishermen sat drinking alcohol, perhaps to enjoy spring and the full moon.

After he had tried to ask and bargain, only a woman accepted to row us across the river. The oar beating the water pushed the boat to the middle of the river. Standing on tiptoe astern, the woman with both hands drove the boat gracefully and gently. The moon peeped out behind tree-top, pouring down her quivering light. The small clouds floated in one direction like a herd of cows driven to the farm at the sunset or like the rest of a defeated army. On both sides rows of trees, either hight or low, rose up endlessly. Here and there a big tree stood mirroring itself in the water. The scenery is like a dream.

In the morning. I swam in the river, played with a ball and collected river-shells along the bank. After lunch, I had a short rest under a large umbrellas near the water. I enjoyed gusts of fresh wind blowing from the river while looking out at the sky and at the little fishing boats in the distance. 

In the afternoon, I went on swimming in the water and played with a ball on the sandy bank. At about 5 p.m. we gathered on a hill gazing at the beautiful sight of the sun going down into the river. It was such a wonderful scene that we had never seen before. After that, we got onto the motorbike and returned home. Although we felt a burning sensation on our bodies because og the sunlight, we were quite happy after the holiday.

I very much enjoyed the swimming. I think that my favourite pastime is very useful. It widens my activities, relaxes my mind, and makes me feel better about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment