Saturday 28 July 2018

Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel - Ideally Located at the Airport!

Recently I flew to Thailand to attend the Mekong Tourism Forum. I had an early morning flight to catch at 6am from Sydney International Airport. This meant being there to check in at the unearthly hour of 3am! As I love my sleep I pondered the options of what to do. I live in Muswellbrook, so I could have spent the night driving to the Airport. Or I could have stayed the night with friends who lived in the outer suburbs of Sydney and got up at 2am to go to the Airport. Both of these options meant very little sleep!

The sensible thing to do was to stay at the closest hotel to the Sydney International Airport, the Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel. This is located right at the Airport, just a very short walk across one road, into the terminal, and up the escalator to the departures check-in area. As the real estate agents say, the 3 most important things about a property are location, location, location. The Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel certainly is the best located hotel to the Sydney International Airport. It is so close and convenient.

I travelled down to Sydney the day before my departure and checked in that evening with the helpful staff at the reception lobby on the ground floor. I then took the lift up to my room and settled in for a restful night. I was pleased to see a welcome note from the hotel manager and a welcome cheese platter and bottle of wine. I ate the cheese and crackers, and took the bottle of Australian wine with me to Thailand to share with my hosts there. Fortunately, the bottle did not break in my checked in bag!

My spacious Deluxe Airport View KIng Room, one of 318 rooms, had framed prints of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge to remind me that I was still in Sydney.

My room had the benefits of free Wifi, a 42-inch flat-screen TV on the wall, and individually controlled air conditioning. The window offered views over the runways, and even in the evening hours, the bustle of airport activity could be seen.  Blackout curtains made the room very dark when it was time for me to sleep. There was tea & coffee making facilities which I used, and a minibar, iron and ironing board and hairdryer that were there but I did not use on this hotel stay.

A very clean separate modern bathroom vanity, shower (with plenty of hot water) and toilet were next to the bedroom, with a range of toiletries on offer.

The best thing about the room was that it was very quite. No noises from outside or other rooms could be heard at all. This meant a wonderful (shortned) sleep in the very comfy Rydges Dream Bed until my alarm went off at 2.45am to remind me it was time to walk to the Airport and check in. This did not take long to do, so I went back to the hotel at 3.30am to have some breakfast. Due to the very early hour of the morning, the hot food items were not ready, but I could help myself to the hot drinks and cold items such as the fresh pastries and fruit. I also made a cheese, ham and tomato jaffle. I then checked out of the hotel and walked back to the Airport to go through customs and board the plane in time for its 6am departure.

Dining options at the Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel include the urban-bistro Blackwattle Grill, the colourful Touchdown Sports Bar  and the  Cloud 9 Rooftop Bar for relaxing and unwinding, the Touch & Go Café for quick breakfasts on the run, and Rise Breakfast Concept, that combines the best of contemporary hotel breakfasts with the latest café offerings in a bright setting.

My stay was only short, so I did not make use of the gym. For those who like to work out, the gym has cardio equipment and free weights that can be used anytime in the day or night.

For business people, there is a dedicated Business Centre and 11 different meeting and conference rooms that can be rented on an hourly basis.

Sydney has two seperate airport terminals, the International and Domestic. For those people departing from the Domestic Terminal, the Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel provides a handy free shuttle service to and from the hotel.

Getting to the Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel is easy by travelling by train to the airport station, by taxi or Uber, or by driving and using the discounted parking at the international terminal parking station. 

Rydges Sydney Airport is a wonderful place to stay for a restful nights sleep and is conveniently located right at the Sydney International Airport. Check out the hotel deals on offer to make your stay enjoyable and affordable.

Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
Address: 8 Arrivals Court, Sydney International Airport NSW 2020
Phone: +61 2 9313 2500
Reservations: rydgessydneyairport@evt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment