|Chef Ryuji Teshima|
Japan Airlines (JAL) today announced that the carrier will introduce a new inflight meal supervised by Chef Ryuji Teshima on flights departing from Paris, France to Japan. The new summer menus will be available for First and Business Class passengers starting June 1, 2018.
The carrier has been serving unique, high-quality meals on its North America, Europe, Australia and Southeast Asia routes under the concept of JAL BEDD SKY AUBERGE and is pleased to welcome Chef Ryuji Teshima to the team. Restaurant PAGES, located in Paris, is listed as a one-star restaurant in the most recent Michelin Guide.
JAL will continue to deliver a delectable and unforgettable dining experience to passengers in a comfortable atmosphere on the carrier`s exclusive restaurant in the sky.
Menu Supervised by Ryuji Teshima
On a daily basis, Chef Ryuji Teshima pursues to capture the essence of cooking, a simple but exceedingly difficult concept to attain. He passionately cares for the crops that were produced in France and is always conscious in bringing out the best flavour of the ingredients. Through his career, Chef Teshima has pleased the gourmets of the world, and now looks to offer a delightful meal for JAL's First and Business Class passengers travelling from Paris to Japan.
First and Business Class
Served on flight JL046 - Departing Paris, France to Tokyo (Haneda)
~~ JAL First Class - Summer Menu (from June to August 2018) ~~
◆ Avant Amuse
・Poutargue (mullet roes), radish, shio koji
- Daikon radish marinated with shio koji. Enjoy with poutargue
・Croque madame with truffle
- Club sandwich with Comté cheese, flavoured with truffle
・Potatoes from Noirmoutier, iberico ham, anchovy sauce
- A salad of potatoes and ham, to be seasoned with anchovy sauce
◆ Hors-d'oeuvre (Select one of three)
・Lobster, peach, seasonal vegetables, Xeres vinegar
- Copious summery salad with lobster, vegetable with a hint of sherry vinegar
・Imperial caviar from Sologne, Royale of Edamame
- Egg custard steam cooked with the flavour of crustaceans, combined with Caviar from Sologne
・Smoked salmon, salmon roe, buckwheat pancake, whipped cream
- Mille-feuille buckwheat pancake, smoked salmon with salmon roe
◆ Main Dish (Select one of three)
・Beef filet, foie gras, truffle, shiitake, corn
- A classic French recipe `Beef Rossini`
・Cod fish, tomatoes, shio koji, fregula
- Cod fish marinated with fermented salt shio koji with tomato sauce
・Blue shrimp, octopus, saffron rice, seasonal vegetables
- Mediterranean shrimps flavoured with saffron
* For JAL Business Class meals from Paris, click here.
For customer and general enquiries, please contact your local JAL office.