- PJ the Port Jackson Shark: Walk through PJ’s gaping jaws and stroll through this 20.6 metre giant made from plastic bottles collected by school children, highlighting the impact of plastic waste in our oceans.
- Gorillagram: Pose for a happy snap with two large, interactive silverback gorilla lanterns and post it to Instagram and use the power of social media to spread the Zoo’s conservation message to your followers.
- Pelican: An animated pelican with a surprise tucked inside – all is revealed when the cheeky creature opens and closes its beak – a Rainbow Monocle Bream fish.
- You become a Light for the Wild too: For the first time, visitors can become part of this fully immersive experience, interacting with the light sculptures like never before with a free, state-of-the-art wristband for all ticket holders.
- Get a bird’s eye view from Sky Safari: A limited number of Blue Pass tickets that include a round trip on Taronga's Sky Safari cable car will be available each night to see the Vivid Sydney at Taronga Zoo from the sky, after dark and illuminated in all its glory.
Saturday, 20 May 2017
Taronga Zoo roars to life as Vivid Sydney's Wildest Precinct
Taronga Zoo’s colourful cast of giant, illuminated endangered animal sculptures return with five new additions and surprises, including a 20-metre walk-through Port Jackson Shark, when Vivid Sydney’s wildest precinct lights up to enchant visitors of all ages and continue its conversation about conservation from 26 May to 17 June 2017.