Sunday, 16 April 2017
Whitsundays says “I do” to wedding couples
Spokesperson for non-profit industry group Weddings Whitsundays, Brooke Miles says: “We have been fielding calls from very stressed brides who really don’t know where to turn. The pressure has been compounded by the fact that airlines won’t be offering refunds on flights. We’d just like to put out the message that if you have a wedding booked on Daydream, we will be doing everything to make sure your beautiful Whitsunday wedding still goes ahead. We have world class venues on the mainland that can easily accommodate anything from 2 to 250 plus guests, we have free dates and we have people on standby to turn your planning around quickly for you.”
Dubbed “the wedding heart of Australia” after the much-photographed Hardy Reef, which is heart-shaped, the Whitsundays doesn’t just provide stunning photo locations. The local wedding industry is a tight-knit community of experienced professionals, guaranteeing a standard of service and suppliers that lifts the wedding experience to a whole new level.
Jess Lawrence from The Wedding Planners Whitsundays says: “Our suppliers all work very closely together: photographers, cake makers, decorators, celebrants, accommodation houses…even the shuttle drivers. As much as the locations are stunning, it’s this sense of family and the laid-back warm Aussie welcome to our couples and their guests that everyone ends up raving about.”
Airlie Beach, on the mainland, offers the full range of facilities including restaurants, day spas, night clubs, souvenir shops and boutiques, as well as tours to the reef, game fishing, sailing adventures, and world class golf on Dent Island.
While some accommodation is still under repairs post Cyclone Debbie, there is still a wide variety of options from budget priced to 5-star and Weddings Whitsundays can certainly assist in finding the right mix for each group.
For more information on wedding venues and suppliers in the Whitsundays please contact email@example.com
Mainland venues located in or close to the bustling tourist hub of Airlie Beach include:
· Coral Sea Resort | Sharon Gregory 0458 255 616
· Earlando | Hannah Mooney 07 4945 7132
· Lure at Abell Point Marina | Nolwenn Foligne 0439 421 753
· The Palm House | Ashleigh Clarke 07 4948 5400 or 0439 377 971
· Peppers Airlie Beach | Sandi Holman [tel://07%204962%205119]07 4962 5119
· Villa Botanica | Janet Hogan 0487 296 950
· Whitsunday Sailing Club | Sam Hayward 07 4946 6138
· Whitsunday Marine Club | Gale Winter 0400 465 252
Whitsunday Island Resorts available for weddings:
· Hamilton Island | Vanessa Moss 07 4969 9696
· Palm Bay Resort | Caroline Murray 0477 770 133
There are also two highly experienced wedding planning companies who have their own portfolio of additional mainland venues.
· The Wedding Planners Whitsundays | Jess Lawrence 0435 034 390
· Total Weddings | Kacey Vella 07 4946 4540