At just $20 this Showbag is valued at more than $60, and is a celebration of Australian agriculture offering a range of products donated by local companies.
A team of more than 45 volunteers pack the 3,500 bags which include snacks, juice, magazines and cosmetics.
Kate Ross, RAS Foundation Executive Officer said the Ag Bag is the Foundation’s biggest fundraiser of the year and hopes to raise $70,000 to help create strong and vibrant rural and regional communities.
“This is an opportunity for Showgoers to show their support for farming communities and to play a part in an amazing grass-roots initiative that makes a real difference in country NSW,” Ms Ross said.
“Last year’s Ag Bag raised $65,000 and funded inspiring community projects in Cudal, Taree, Ivanhoe and Warren. The Ag Bag is not only packed full of goodies but the money raised injects new life into rural communities though our vital grant program.”
Due to its popularity the RAS Foundation will sell the Ag Bag from a new stall location opposite the classic CWA Tea Room in the Home, Garden and Lifestyle Pavilion.
The Ag Bag initiative has been a sell-out success since it began in 2014.
Products included in 2017 Ag Bag
• SunRice: Brown Rice & Chia Cups 250g
• SunRice: Sweet Chilli Brown Rice Chips 156g
• Universal Magazines: Australian Country Magazine
• Universal Magazines: 2017 Australian Country Diary
• Tucker’s Natural: Caramelised Onion Gourmet Bites 50g
• Carmen’s: Super Berry Muesli Bar 35g
• Monster Health Food Co: Breakfast in a Bag Tropical 60g
• Sunshine: Lemon juice 250ml
• Kurrajong Kitchen: LavoshBites 110g
• SPC: Fruit in a cup 120gm
• Thomas Chipman: Certified Organic Lightly Salted Potato Chip 30gm
• Happy Snack Food Company: Fava Beans Lightly Salted 25g packs
• Seasol: Sachet 45ml
• Vegesorb: Sachet moisturiser 10g
• Buck Off Melanoma SPF50+ Sunscreen Sachets 10g
• Camilo Olives: Olive Salt 15g
• Rural Adversity Mental Health Project: Drink Cooler 50g