2017 THEME: FEEDING, CLOTHING AND POWERING A HUNGRY NATION IS A SHARED RESPONSIBILITY
The Archibull Prize is an innovative and fun program which provides student participants with opportunities to meet young farmers and engage in genuine farm experiences, gain knowledge and skills about the production of the food they eat, fibres they use and the environment they live in.
- Providing a blank, life-sized fibreglass cow for students to create an artwork on or to use as the subject of an artwork which focuses on the allocated theme –
- FEEDING, CLOTHING AND POWERING A HUNGRY NATION IS A SHARED RESPONSIBILITY
- Giving each school their own primary (food or fibre) industry to explore and showcase e.g. Beef, Sheep, Dairy, Wool, Cotton, and Grains.
- Pairing each school with a Young Farming Champion who will share their farming journey and work with the students throughout the duration of the project.
- Supplying a resource kit with curricular connections.
- Supplying Matisse paints.