Minister for Tourism and Major Events John Eren attended the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards in Darwin and congratulated the 25 Victorian businesses nominated for leading the way across the tourism industry.
Our local businesses and workers did us proud, securing twelve awards in total – three took home gold, two silver and seven bronze.
Victoria’s range of high quality experiences and calendar of events are something special, and they keep attracting visitors to all corners of our state.
The Andrews Labor Government works closely with our tourism operators to ensure we continue to grow our visitor economy – that means more jobs for Victorians and a stronger state.
We want more people visiting our city, more people staying longer in our regions, and more people being employed by this sector.
That’s why Visit Victoria exists, to help our operators provide an experience like no other, that will make sure Victoria remains the premium destination for events, conferences, holiday makers and international students.
We know the visitor economy is one of our great strengths, and through the Victorian Visitor Economy Strategy, we’re working to boost visitor spending to $36.5 billion each year by 2025, creating even more jobs in the sector.
A full list of winners can be found below.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Tourism and Major Events John Eren
“Victoria really does have something for everyone and the best of everything – tonight proves it.”
“We know how important tourism is for local jobs and businesses, and we wouldn’t be as strong without the hard work of every operator across the state.”
“Congratulations to each and every winner, you did us proud.”
Gold Award winners:
- Sovereign Hill – Major Tourism Attraction Hall of Fame
- Bendigo Tramway – Cultural Tourism
- Masons of Bendigo – Tourism Restaurants and Catering Services
Silver Award winners:
- Australian Grand Prix Corporation – Major Festivals and Events
- Green Olive at Red Hill – Excellence in Food Tourism
Bronze Award winners:
- SkyBus – Specialised Tourism Services
- Bendigo Art Gallery & Twentieth Century Fox present Marilyn Monroe – Destination Marketing
- Pizzini Wines – Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries
- Beacon Resort – Caravan and Holiday Parks
- Lakeside Villas at Crittenden Estate – Self Contained Accommodation
- Drift House – Luxury Accommodation
- The Wellness Manor – New Tourism Business