Five inspirations for a NSW holiday include:
- Nature escapes: Get back to nature and explore NSW’s four heritage-listed wilderness sites and 850 national parks and reserves. Camp with kangaroos, cruise alongside whales, dive with seals, go fly fishing, snowboarding and horse riding – the options for unforgettable nature experiences are endless.
- Foodie getaways: Visit one of NSWs 14 distinct wine regions including the Hunter Valley, Australia’s oldest and New England, its newest; dine in a multitude of award-winning regional restaurants including Australian Gourmet Traveller Magazine’s 2016 Regional Restaurant of the Year, Three Blue Ducks Byron Bay; meet passionate producers and visit a farm gate to purchase farm-fresh local produce.
- Exciting events: NSWs annual calendar of events features quirky food festivals, major international sporting events, live music, outdoor operas film festivals and colourful local celebrations.
- Historic journeys: Learn about NSWs fascinating history and heritage including some of the world’s oldest human remains to fossils dating back 360 million years, enduring Aboriginal song lines and Dreaming, convict farms and goldmining towns.
- Beach breaks: With more than 2000 km of coastline and seven of Australia’s National Surfing Reserves, NSW boasts some of the best and most accessible beaches in Australia. Whether it’s a surfing weekend, surfing road trip or fun packed holiday with the kids there’s the right beach for everyone in NSW.