Paris, Rome, Prague all spring to mind when you think of a romantic European holiday. But what if you and yours want to do something a little different?
Here are 10 ideas that we think you'll both love.
1. Walking the shores of Lake Bled, SloveniaIt's hard not to be mesmerised by the beauty of Lake Bled. With snow capped peaks in the distance and the spectacular Bled Castle overlooking the emerald-green waters, let the magic of this gorgeous setting inspire you both as you stroll along its shores.
2. Cycle the fairytale villages of the Alsace, FranceThe pretty towns & villages of the Alsace in France ooze romance. Places like Riquewihr and Colmar, with their colourful wood timbered houses, winding cobbled streets and cute little wine bars and cellars, offer so many magnificent experiences to share. Cycling the Wine Route, which links most of them together, is the ideal way to see it together.
3. Catch a ferry across Lake Como, ItalyNothing says 'ti amo' like spending time together in Italy's Lake District. Hiking the many trails before rewarding yourself with lunch at a beautiful old villa is an unforgettable way to spend a morning, as is catching the ferry across Lake Como to admire the glistening water and surrounding Alps.
4. Get cosy in an English pubThe tiny villages and hamlets along England's Coast to Coast are a gorgeous place to explore as a couple. With the rolling green hills and old stone cottages and pubs blending together in heavenly harmony, you can admire this charming landscape during the day then enjoy a cosy pint by the fire in the evening.
5. Gaze over the Mediterranean from Santorini, GreeceSeemingly rising straight from the sea, the island of Santorini offers a classic Greek island experience. The only thing better than admiring the blue domed, white-washed houses in villages such as Oia, is sitting in one of them, where you can be served tantalising Greek food and wine as you enjoy the uninterrupted , panoramic views of the Mediterranean below.
6. Tiptoe through the tulips, HollandWith a sudden rush of colour saying goodbye to the winter, the blooming of the tulips is a beloved time on the Dutch calendar. Guys take note - tulips are one of the most romantic flowers you can give to your better-half, so consider cycling through the tulips during May and stopping to pick one for her for no other reason than to show her you care.
7. Get a room - in a chateaux in Bordeaux, FranceHead out during the day to walk the vineyard trails, marvel at the medieval villages, sample superb local wines as well as the oysters of L'Herbe then relax and be treated like a princess in your very own French manor house, ideally set within an actual vineyard like the Chateau Margaux.
8. Pop a bottle of bubby in Champagne, FranceIt's the liquid language of love, and everybody knows that unless it comes from champagne, it isn't the real deal. So, why take a risk? Head straight to the source and visit the famous cellars like Moët and Chandon in between exploring the delightful Marne Valley by bike and taking in historical cities such as Epernay and Reims at your own pace.
9. Pedal the postcard landscapes of the Rhine, GermanyPicturesque wine villages, fairytale castles perched high on hills, half timbered houses and Germany's most dramatic landscapes is what the 'romantic Rhine' is most famous for. This luscious setting is best served for two and ideally explored together on your bikes during the day before retiring to watch it float by on a comfortable barge in the evening.
10. Savour the sunsets in Puglia, ItalyYou've enjoyed the olive groves and vineyards. You've rambled through the historic laneways. Now, it's time to sit back, grab a Peroni or prosecco and enjoy some of the grandest sunsets in the world. Italy's sun-drenched heel, Puglia, serves up some of the most brilliant twilight spectacles on earth, and there is no better place to enjoy them than sitting in an outdoor bar with your partner on a warm summer evening.
Further information at www.utracks.com or 1300 303 368.