|Saddleback Mountain Lookout|
Here's a list of 10 activities to enjoy:
- The recently opened Southern Saddleback Mountain Lookout, located 662 metres above sea level, is an Instagrammers' dream boasting spectacular views up to Royal National Park, across Rose Valley, Gerringong, Foxground and Seven Mile Beach.
- A well-kept secret is the Gerringong Boat Harbour Rock Pool, a beautiful ocean pool perfect for families. Located just a short walk from the boat ramp, the small harbour was used in the 19th century for shipping red cedar from the South Coast to Sydney. Kids will love spotting fish swimming in the clear waters beneath them.
- Food lovers will delight in the culinary options on offer. Drop into Penny Whistler's for breakfast, lunch or dinner overlooking Kiama Harbour or Milk & Honey Café which is located right on Blowhole Point. The Hungry Monkey specialises in hand-crafted burgers made from locally-sourced produce with The Blue Swimmer on the Gerroa foreshore, serving some of the best fish and chips around.
- Jamberoo's Budderoo National Park is known for its gorgeous waterfalls and lookouts. Enjoy the 1.6 km Rainforest Loop Walk which starts and end at the Minnamurra Rainforest Centre and offers some memorable birdwatching opportunities. The Falls Walk (2.6km return) is an elevated and paved track with views over the rainforest canopy and canyon including viewing platforms at the lower and upper Minnamurra Falls.
- Meander through Kiama's Historic Terrace Houses, National Trust classified historic buildings built in 1886, which today house a unique selection of crafts, collectables, clothing stores and more.
- For a birds-eye view of Kiama, enjoy a scenic "Waterfall Discovery Tour" with Touchdown Helicopters flying over Gerringong Falls and the picturesque Jamberoo Valley.
- Kiama is renowned for its local gelato produced by artisan micro dairy, The Pines. Pick up a scoop from Little Blowhole Art Bar, Kiama Farmer's Market or Blue Espresso Bar, Gerringong.
- Learn how to make sourdough, butter, jam, yoghurt, fermented pickles and more at Buena Vista Farm in Gerringong who run regular cooking workshops.
- Walk through the basalt columns at Bombo Quarry, a legacy of blue metal quarrying in the 1880s and 1900s. The beach at Bombo Headland is a great surfing break and is dog friendly.
- Spend the night at Terragong B&B, a stunning heritage residence built in 1858 nestled in the heart of the Jamberoo Valley. Set on 12 acres, visitors can enjoy the farmhouse kitchen & lounge, the library, the garden room, pool, and wrap-around verandah.