Held at numerous venues around Australia. This is the time to reflect and join choirs in the singing of the national anthem.
Watch our armed forces pay tribute to our great southern land and join choirs in the singing of the national anthem.
The Salute to Australia is the ceremonial moment of the Sydney Harbour program, with the Australian Army, Royal Australian Navy and Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) conducting a tri-service Salute.
The ceremony also features mass choirs at key vantage points around the inner harbour.
The salute will be received by the Governor of New South Wales on HMAS Canberra, as our armed forces combine their efforts to pay tribute to our great southern land.
- From 10:45am until 12:15pm – HMAS Canberra positioned in Sydney Cove between the icons of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House.
- 11:45am – Prelude to Salute from the big sound system includes:
- Welcome to Country
- video screens with comments from Governor of NSW General David Hurley and Indigenous Elder Uncle Allen Madden
- Smoking Ceremony at Campbells Cove, performed by the Koomurri Aboriginal Dance Troupe
- choirs around the Harbour to perform the songs including “Waratah” and “I am Australian”
- affirmation video to welcome and celebrate the newest Australians who are receiving citizenship in 2017.
- 11:57am – 21 Gun Salute at Bradfield Park.
- 12 noon – Join Tina Arena and choirs in the singing of the national anthem at Hickson Road Reserve, Overseas Passenger Terminal, Sydney Opera House, Bradfield Park or from your vantage point.
- 12:01pm – RAAF flypast in the FA-18.
- 12:05pm – Tug & Yacht Ballet.
KEY VANTAGE POINTS
- Bradfield Park
- Hickson Road Reserve
- Circular Quay
- Overseas Passenger Terminal
- Sydney Opera House
26 January 2017Time11:45am – 12:01pm
WHERE Around Sydney Harbour, Sydney NSW, Australia.