With less than 500 days to go till the opening ceremony of the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games on February, 9, 2018 Korea is gearing up to host test events for the Winter Olympic Games from November to March next year. A total of twenty-nine test events are scheduled to take place to ensure the readiness of all venues for the Games.
Of the twenty-nine test events taking place twenty-one events will offer free tickets to spectators who wish to attend. To apply for free or paid tickets to test events join as a member online at the official website and get your confirmation to pick up tickets on arrival at venues. Paid tickets will be available at venue ticket offices two hours prior to the event and free tickets can be picked up also at venue ticket offices with confirmation number and proof of identity.
To apply for tickets for the test events online visit: http://www.hellopyeongchang.com/en/index
Test events of possible interest to Australians which take place from the end of this month until next March include the following:
FIS Snowboard World Cup 2016/17(23-26 Nov,2016)
- 2016/17 ISU World Cup Short Track Speed Skating (16-18 Dec,2016)
- FIS Freestyle Ski World Cup 2016(10-18 Feb,2017) the
- FIS Snowboard World Cup 2017(12-19 Feb, 2017) the
- ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2017(16-19Feb, 2017)the
- 2017 IPC Snowboard World Cup Finals(10-13 Mar, 2017) and the 2017 IPC Alpine Skiing World Cup Finals(11-18 Mar, 2017).