Sunday 17 February 2013

Australia Votes for Glen McGrath to be Immortalised at Madame Tussauds

After a six week voting period in which Australian’s were asked which sporting star they would most like to see immortalised in wax at Madame Tussauds Sydney, cricket superstar Glenn McGrath has been announced as the winning competitor.

This week, McGrath met with a team of Madame Tussauds sculptors from the UK who took over 250 measurements along with exact eye colour matches of his skin tone, eyes and hair to begin work on his wax replica which is expected to take 800 hours to create.

"I have achieved many milestones in my cricket career but being approached by Madame Tussauds Sydney was certainly a first. I am really overwhelmed that the nation has chosen me as their winner. This whole experience has been really interesting, so thorough and a lot of fun. I never knew how much detail went in to preparing the figures and I really want to credit the team of sculptors for the passion they showed for the entire process. I am so excited to see how the final figure will turn out", said Glenn McGrath.

Madame Tussauds Sydney guests can look forward to the launch of Glenn McGrath's figure in June 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment