Tuesday 1 February 2011

Great Country Pub Song

Moonan Flat is definitely on the map in the country music world. Susan Ranson wrote the song "The Victorian Hotel" about the towns pub. She performed it with her band "Byg Swig" at the recent 2011 Tamworth Country Music Festivals. It won first prize in the "Great Country Pub Song Competition" with a prize of $2,500.

Susan said "The best moment was when they called my name, there were screams from everyone. I didn't think we had it, I'd already put my guitar in the car." "Our song had humor and a beat that people could get up and dance to, I think that made the difference." "A lot of other songs were very informative and you could tell they were very proud of their local, but people were dancing during ours." " I got my inspiration from the personalities and locals at the pub and the Vic's history, it is well over 100 years old."

A visit to "The Victorian Hotel" at Moonan  Flat is a must for anyone visiting the Upper Hunter region of NSW in Australia. You may even hear Susan Ranson and Byg Swg perform "The Victorian Hotel".

No comments:

Post a Comment